Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Beginning

Birthday Beginning by debstamps
Birthday Beginning, a photo by debstamps on Flickr.
*Well...this was easy.  I apparently have the option to share directly from my Flickr account and blog a photo.   I am learning aaaaaaall kinds of new things now that I've started blogging!  
To make the card:  I dug out my ol' stamping wheels, and made this plaid background; embossed my Hero Arts Magical Background stamp on some green cardstock, and colored in the circle design with colored pencil--this month's featured technique over at Hero Arts [click on that typewriter to the right and you can go see for yourself!]
Next I punched some different circles from the panel, and used them to embellish these die cut flowers. also used a little chalk over the embossing in the largest flower.  Grouped them together for effect and I had a nice little birthday bouquet!  
What's your favorite way to personalize die cuts?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your brand new blog, Deb!! You are going to love blogging! Enjoy and have fun! Love the cool hues and colors for this card! I don't have a favorite to use die cuts, but I find myself using them for tags a lot! And that's just one of the many possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this fun and happy card! As for die cuts, I mostly just use shapes like circles and scallops, not much personalization. Guess I'm boring like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post here. Congrats on this blog - it is really fantastic! I absolutely love these die-cuts and colors. I had to drop over to see your blog from the Die Cut Divas flickr group.

    I guess I personalize die-cuts by using tissue boxes in my die-cuts. Many good wishes coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to include this thought - I haven't used a wheel in years. I need to dig them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderfully beautiful! Such soft colors, and a great design!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from...