Old and New

D-Day 6 June 1944

Willard with his dad, home on leave


Remembering today.  Sharing with my children now they are of an age we can talk about war and unspeakable evil.  I wonder if as a nation we are remembering and teaching our children?  So much sacrifice on the battlefront and on the home front.  
  I found an interesting site run by the American Battlefield Monuments Commission.  It was established in 1923 as an agency of the Executive Branch of the US government to commemorate the service and sacrifice of American service personnel in foreign lands.  There are some stirring videos, and interactive guide to D-Day operations.  It's worth our time to remember and reflect and show our children.  
   I remember my great uncle Willard who was a paratrooper.  What he must have gone through for us.

Comments