Hello Painted Lavender

Plush Paper Embossing

   Created this for the Play Date Cafe color challenge this week!  I'm not usually fond of deep colors and wondered if I'd like this combination.  I have to say it grew on me quickly after I got out my velvet paper, embossed it, and layered some plum and gold cardstock on it!  It's really rich and the texture is luxurious.  I used Crimson Pearl Brilliance ink and embossed with clear for the sentiment and flowers and used it for distressing the edge of the die-cut label.  I embossed a butterfly with Egyptian Gold on gold handmade paper, then also added a bit of the ink to bring out the detail.  I'd use these colors again I think!  Thanks for the inspiration from the gals over at Play Date

 

Comments

  1. Ooh, I could tell these were the Play Date colors immediately! What a wonderful and beautiful use of the bold jewel tone colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilde van Rijnsoever1/15/2012 3:49 AM

    Wow Deb, you did a great job! I struggled with these colors, I don't have burgundy paper or ink and I tried something but it was too ugly. So I think I skip this one. Yeah I know, it really is a challenge if I keep trying, well, maybe tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Lovely job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous purple you've created, a fabulous job! I just loved your comment about my splash of orange, it really made me giggle!!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!