Hello Painted Lavender

You Light Up My Life

CFC-38
   So--does anyone else out there remember this song?  I mean the Academy Award for Best Song of the Year winning Debby Boone version?!  I was making a card for the tools challenge over at Moxie Fab World wanting to showcase the power of fancy trimming scissors.  Remember making borders by cutting one side of a paper strip, then reversing the scissor and making the mirror image?  It's fun to cut matching strips for some funky ric-rac!


   I used my corrugating tool to make the lampshade, and white embossed my own sentiment using various Hero Arts alphabets.  I'm pleased with how it turned out--matches the picture in my mind's eye!  Go ahead...get out those old paper trimmers and experiment!  See what you come up with!
  Oh--and if you're inspired by anything in the movies, you might want to enter it in this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Comments

  1. Shhhh. I'll tell you a secret...I still have my old 45 of that song and remember singing along with it in high school! *chuckle*
    Your lamp base is uber cool, and I cannot believe how creative you were with those scissors. Brilliant.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY creative, Deb! This CAS card is fabulous!! Love that lamp shade! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!