Hello Painted Lavender

Special Time

Hero Arts blog monthly challenge HERE!
   This is a little shape card I made this afternoon.  The original idea was to make the top of a grandfather clock, but I determined that would be a bit too fussy to pull off and so I went for the mantel model.  My Nana used to have one of those copper cast Western horse ones at her place and it's a wonderful memory for me.  I love this Hero Arts set with the old-fashioned clocks and the beautiful sayings in this font!  Looking forward to getting a haul soon filled with the just-released Basic Grey/Hero Arts stamps!   
   In case you were wondering about the details above, I used some old patterned paper [I find it sits on my shelf so I can admire it more than use it...] glued it onto a plain card; made my own template and cut out the shape.  I embossed the clock face and used a large punch to cut the circle, and I used a circle cutter to make the copper paper frame.  [which I am only now realizing I could have just layered--talk about getting into the realism of the clock!  I kept thinking the "cover" needed to open!]  


   
   

Comments

  1. A wonderful use of this clock set! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.....HOW CREATIVE is this! Love love this, Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!