Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Watercolor Wednesday!

   Just in time for Mother's Day I broke out my watercolor brush and some watercolor style stamps for a couple of different takes on a special greetings for our moms! Moxie Fab World is hosting a little challenge to dabble in the technique, so I took Cath up on her lovely offer and inspiration. The first one is for my husband's mom--whom our kids call, Abuelita. She lives in sunny Florida, likes any kind of color--and paints wonderful portraits herself--mostly in acrylic.
   Next up is for my mom--who's got a thumb greener than Kentucky Bluegrass--and she loves flowers of all kinds. She's partial to peonies and I had fun watercoloring some--along with some die cut leaves as well. That was a fun surprise to see--taking plain white card stock, shape cutting it, and watercoloring on them.
   Perhaps you'll take a creative break today and watercolor your Wednesday!?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Deb! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    How did you guys do at worlds? My niece and nephew went with the Mayhem FRC team from NH and they took 2nd place! It was UN-believable! Hope you all had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I love the watercoloring...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from...