Hello Painted Lavender

Simple Summer


   Happy Summer to my northern hemisphere friends! I am smitten with sand-inspired colors of late and here's a whole set of cards I've made with yellows and greys. The new card contest over at Hero Arts is about one-layer, keeping it simple too! Pop over to check it out and enter something of your own--I'd love to see how you put your own stamp on this challenge! Me--I can always use a flat card to send in the mail to my friends and family, and Operation Write Home can always use some too!
   I think this would be fun in lots of other colors, don't you? It was so easy to stamp the shades over the owl and then just fill them in with dark grey marker! no masking, no fuss! [I tried them in red too!]
   I used watercolor and marker on the white embossed background texture stamp then punched a heart from it. Dimensionally mounted it on a dry embossed tweed background, and it's really fun to hold. I am making more physical texture cards ever since my mom told me how thrilled her blind friend was to receive them. Her husband reads her what's written inside, but she usually doesn't get to appreciate greeting cards! [another reason to love stamping our own, eh?]
   A little collage to use up some scraps!
   A monogram design for my mom! 
   I will make a notable for these and add it to mom's new stash! And now, I'm off to enjoy a summer swim in our sunshine! Thanks for stopping by--wishing you a simple summer!

Comments