Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Resistance is Futile--and Golden!

   Who can blame me for not being able to resist gold?! This is the other idea I had for Cath's All that Glitters Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. I took an old background stamp and inked it up in Tuxedo Black Momento and it was the perfect chalkboard for some golden words of thanks. It reminds me of a "Keep Calm..." sign. It was fun finding sentiments from Hero Arts' clear thank you set to make the subway layout. I embossed the background card with a Sizzix impressions plate, then took the embossing ink to the raised areas to heat emboss with gold. This is one of my favorite techniques for making backgrounds; the ones in silver look like old tin roof tiles! 
   I made two of the chalkboard panels because I liked the look of it so much. I'm starting to do that more often now--it doesn't take that much more time, and I have two [or more] when I'm through:
   You might notice this background didn't stamp all the way--no problem though--just got a piece of foam sponge and filled it in. I also makes for a great realistic chalkboard look!
   Remember to pop over and check out the gold challenge--there's still a few days left to show us how you put your own stamp on it!
   Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and I just remembered that I never responded to your last email. It's been CRAZY around here! I'll get back to you shortly!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from...