Old and New

Direction...

   Catching up on sharing some of the cards I've made/sent to my daughter off at university. They've had a bit of bad news there this week, and lost a new freshman in the prime of his life. Makes us old people reflect on the invincible days of our youth and count our blessings of longevity. This card happened to arrive in a timely fashion as a reminder that we must be grateful and cherish along our journey...and that like butterflies life can be fragile. 
   This is a new-to-me embossing folder, and these images are fussy cut from a free digi- download I found on Pinterest. There are lots of them so take a look and print some for yourselves.
anything with bees is a hit with my girl!
one of her favorite quotes
   I'll close with the title of the post. I finally had an epiphany last night falling asleep about the direction I'd like to go with this blog. I've been struggling with theme/focus/time constraints. I'd like to blog for more than posting my cards, but I also want to do something to get people talking/thinking/doing beyond art or hobby. It's the drive that made me become a teacher I suppose. In my classroom I had quotes laminated and posted all over the room. My two favorites were:

   By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. --Voltaire

Bring ideas in and entertain them royally, for one of them may be the king. --Mark Van Doren  

   I feel like we're too afraid to share our thoughts in a politically correct culture, and there's precious little civil discourse. Some I know have completely shut out what goes on in the world overwhelmed with constant media blasting of agendas. I see differences in other countries outside America, and wide regional differences within my own country. So, I am going to try to combine two of my favorite things to do--collect/think about quotes and card making. I hope the quotes will inspire you to think and contribute to discourse around you, and the art may do the same. Either way, I encourage each of you--as always--to put your own stamp on what you find around you! I'm always interested to entertain your ideas if you'll share them! Make it a great weekend.

Comments