Hello Painted Lavender

Pals Hop: Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects



 Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.

   

   How's Life Friends?

   I've been having a cozy time in the studio during our first taste of winter snow here in Big Sky Country. I wish we'd had more fall, and the leaves outside my window had only just begun to turn...but Mother Nature had other plans. 

   Fun/fancy/complicated folds are a genre of papercrafting I'm not usually drawn to but I have to say it's growing on me since I tried this simple flip fold card! I made a prototype to practice the technique, and tested where I could place my owl and the branches of the trees so they would allow the moon to flip when opened. I learned a few tricks doing that before I spent a lot of time, effort, and materials on the "real" card;) The next ones I make should be very quick and easy now that I've tried it out!

   As a design coach I always encourage others to prototype things, try them out, and iterate to solve problems, or improve function. To this end I added an extra element to the original card:


   Notice how you don't notice the fence diecut? While this black glitter paper is stunning on its own, it really pops with the additional contrast of some Daffodil Delight stars!

   Inside I decorated with a Wink of Stella spider web sentiment. I could have used the glitter paper but I went with a different texture for interest.


   The trees were cut from the In Good Taste DSP and I doubled them up for color contrast and depth. I used the same layering technique in the fence.



  
   It was great fun to expand my project repertoire and I learned that it isn't difficult at all to make a fantastic flip fold card! I also learned a lot about photographing glitter paper to be able to show some of its brilliance. 


   It's fun to see this from different angles, and as I was making it I found myself reflecting about what's going on in the world. We know life is better in person, and when we can hold it for ourselves up to the light--just like this glitter paper covered card--we see the detail, the color, the sparkle, the beauty, and its true nature. 


   It's time we remember life is to be lived. Go out and put your own stamp on it:)
   
   Be Well Friends!


More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 10th. Our theme will be “Home for the Holidays” when our Design Team creates a project to celebrate the upcoming holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.

Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop

  1. Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
  2. Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
  3. Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
  4. Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
  5. Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
  6. Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
  7. Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
  8. Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
  9. Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
  10. Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
  11. Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
  12. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
  13. Diana Carr at Secret Life of Paper
  14. Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
  15. Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
  16. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
  17. Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
  18. Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life YOU ARE HERE:)
  19. Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
  20. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
  21. Lori Webb at Clever Copies
  22. Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
  23. Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
  24. Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda

Comments

  1. The glimmer paper really adds to this fun fold. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and spooky card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly Halloween card -- I'm all about the glittery!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, such a fun design for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the glimmer! Fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great fun fold Halloween card! That owl just makes me smile and that glimmer paper is perfect for a spooky card. Thank you for joining the Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Deb! Love all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!