Hello Painted Lavender

ATC Swap using Play Date Cafe's Color Challenge

   Tuesday means I'm usually scrambling to make something for the Play Date Cafe challenge which closes tonight at midnight!  I love this week's color combination, and I've had a fun day playing with an ATC series!  I was surprised to see how putting the colors next to the neutral grey changed their intensity.  I had many ideas...which is usually my biggest problem, but since I'm swaping ATCs with a stamper in Holland, we decided to use the same set: Exotic Decor from Hero Arts, and make flowers.   Narrowing it down to a technique helped me focus even further on the project pictured below. 
   I decided to do a series using masking on plain white glossy cardstock, and making my own glossy cardstock in each of the challenge colors.  I embossed and/or stamped with Distress Inks [Crushed Olive and Dusty Concord] then got out my trusty brayer to make the different colors.  Cutting out the masks was not too time consuming, and I like the effect I got after brayering the grey backgrounds.  My blender pens came in handy to use gradients of color from the Distress Ink pads--very useful for working within the same palette. 
   I like how these came out, and I hope my new friend will enjoy them too.  Perhaps you have some glossy cardstock?  Maybe a brayer?  Next time you need a color-matching cardstock, remember you can just make your own!  

Comments

  1. Wonderful set of floral ATCs, Deb! The designs are all so pretty and I love the way you have used the PDCC colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set! These look just like the wallpaper in the inspiration photo - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully creative! Your colors are spot on and your designs are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! Such a fantastic ATC set Deb!! Thanks so much for joining us at The PLay Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That card in the top right looks just like the wallpaper, it's my fave and I love the silver embossing. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh aren't these just lovely and colourful! I love how you've got so many different versions of ATC's, you did a great job with our colours! They all look fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,each of these are really unique and wonderful but my eye goes to the bottom left one, 'cause it looks like a card I made last year and loved! Thank you - times four! - for playing with us at The Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb I love love LOVE what you made for the PDCC this week!! WOWZA!! That's one of my favorite sets and I never think to pull it out and use it - you've inspired me! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!