Hello Painted Lavender

Color Matters: A Short History of Blue



   How's Life Friends?

   I'm so excited to announce a new blog feature entitled "Color Matters." One of the reasons I love this stamping hobby is that I can feel artistic, learn more about something beautiful, and explore my creativity in such an accessible way. With a stamp I don't worry about drawing; with Distinctive and Two Step Stamps I don't fret about painting. I can experiment with creating something by using a starting off point and be as simplistic or as complicated as I choose.

   In Color Matters I will be showcasing a bit of art history, color theory, and design ideas focusing on color and color combinations!

   I'm a big fan of blue. From Levis, to Blue Skies, blue has always caught my eye! It's one of the first combinations I try with a new stamp set...how does it look in blue/white? Today's designs use Misty Moonlight in first, second, and third impressions. [Stamp once with inked stamp and then stamp again without reinking.]

   The Sale A Bration set "A Touch of Ink" is a new favorite collection of images for me. There's something so perfect about the scale of the images and the sketch style of the line drawings to stamp either by themselves or filled in with the solid color fill stamps. I paired them with the sentiments from another favorite of mine: Fine Art Floral Suite. Purchase this Suite now and receive A Touch of Ink free for Sale A Bration reward! 




   I hope you check back for more color matters. Subscribe to the blog feed to stay tuned, and please feel free to let me know if there are any topics you'd like to learn more about. I'm happy to put my stamp on just about anything...you know what I mean;)


   Enjoy and Be Well Friends!



< Product List

Comments

  1. Love what you've presented here, thank you so much. Had a quick look at the history section you've provided and ear marked that to sit, read and enjoy as soon as possible.
    Am looking forward to more colour history presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I have lots more fun in store for this feature--enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 'Blue' cards. Thank you for the 'history section'. Because of you I subscribed. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes my heart glad you found something worthwhile! Please feel free to let me know what you might like to see in future! Thank you for stopping by and Be Well Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!