Hello Painted Lavender

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: A Stamp on Happiness, Creativity, and Fulfillment in Life


   How's Life Friends?

   It's a day for me to think about a particular life. This man, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, is credited with recognizing and naming the state of mind he described as "Flow." A state of mind where we find ourselves losing track of any sense of time elapsing because we are so engrossed in an activity which gives us such incredible fulfillment. He passed away a couple of days ago, and I'm reflecting on his unique contributions to us all.

   I remember the huge impression his book made on me. I was able to name and understand more about what I had experienced many times with different activities in my life from intellectual to physical pursuits. It's the 'thing' I most hoped to inspire when I was teaching students, modeled to my own children, and continue to point out to clients and friends.

   In case you've not encountered the ideas before, here's a TED Talk:

https://www.ted.com/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_flow_the_secret_to_happiness

   These ideas are discussed and referenced in the Designing Your Life books and are a big part of what resonated with me in this approach to life coaching/mentoring.

   When you next find yourself lost in something you enjoy--that occupies you so completely--you'll know a bit more about it.

   Be Well Friends!


  

 

Comments