Old and New

Making Do: Calming Camelia


    How's Life Friends?

   I'm categorizing this post as a "Making Do" since it showcases a project that is either composed of retired/no-longer-available product, or I'm using another product to mimic something I don't have, can't get, or can't afford.

   With the supply chain delays and shortages hitting every type of business on the planet, and the inflation/prices of everything going up, I'm bringing back an old concept from the 1940's called "Make Do and Mend."

   I was fortunate enough to be raised by people who survived the Great Depression, the first two World Wars, and all the technological developments of the 20th century. Sometimes it's difficult for me to understand a less self-reliant modern sensibility;)

   I'm going to try to do at least one Making Do post each week so you might find new ideas/inspiration for all the things you already have in case you need to spend your money on other things, and use what you have in a new, fresh way!

   


   Indeed--where would we be without our friendly craft stashes? Time to get them out and update them a bit. Stay tuned and/or search the site for Making Do or an old/retired set for which you'd like some more ideas.

   I'll even take requests if you leave me a comment and I have the set or can share some ideas. You can also check out my Stampin' Up!® Sets board on Pinterest where I collect pins that inspire me to create.

   Be Well Friends!

Product List

Comments

  1. Beautiful card! I LOVE the idea of regular "Making Do" posts. Looking forward to seeing them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'm so glad to hear the Making Do resonates with you too;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!