Friday, June 3, 2011

Yukata Weather--Moxie Fab Day 2!



More Moxie Fab play today!  Decided to do a whole series of cards and send a little hello to all my friends who shared our Misawa, Japan tour!  It feels like summer finally, and this blue and while reminds me of yukata--summer weight kimonos!



A little leftover chevron action!  I liked how the centers on the fuller
graphic really popped white in a repetitive design.  I often use this
technique and am pleasantly surprised with results most of the time!























The embossing plate used here is a Sizzix product made for
Stampin' Up!  The silver flower was made using a flower punch
combined with a circle punch to take out the end of each petal
then trimmed with scissors to mimic the flower design in the
inchie stamp from Inkadinkadoo!







4 comments:

  1. Loving that 'leftover' chevron action! This is such a gorgeous set, I can really see the Moxie inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are awesome. I love the scattered/random geometrics... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've created such different looks with the same basic materials - awesome! Glad you found this one so inspiring, because now you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dab! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from...