Old and New

Pals Blog Hop: See How My Garden Grows






 Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!

This month, the theme is See How My Garden Grows. We hope to inspire you with our creations today! You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.

   How's Life Friends?

   It's been a minute since I last posted since I have been traveling a bit. I love the chance to get a fresh perspective on life by switching up my surroundings. I am so happy to be back hopping with my Pals this month and it was tough to narrow down my creative choices for today's theme;)


   I decided to go with a retiring set that I have found to be very versatile in any season and I wanted to show you how I saw it in spring: with forsythia!

   Having grown up out west I never came across half the plants I saw while spending much of my adult life on the east coast of the U.S. Our first duty station in the Navy found us in Brunswick, ME, and we were lucky to live in the old base gardener's little cape house. Each spring we never knew what would sprout in the yard and it was always such a nice surprise because it was different each time. We had a couple of giant forsythia bushes on the west side of the house and they were the first thing that would wake up from winter all over town. 

   The spring days were usually gray and I always marveled at how the flowers of forsythia seem to glow with their own light. Ahhhmazing:)


   I had fun bringing that remembered glow to today's project and I hope you find something here to inspire you.

   Did you know that remembering something that awed you can bring the same sense of wonder when you choose to remember it? 

   I love fun neuroscience facts;)

   Be well friends!


More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month, when our theme will be Fun Family Occasions.

Until then, have fun in your craft space.


Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop

  1. Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
  2. Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life YOU ARE HERE:)
  3. Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
  4. Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
  5. Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
  6. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
  7. Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
  8. Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
  9. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
  10. Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
  11. Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
  12. Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
  13. Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
  14. Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
  15. Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
  16. Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose


Comments

  1. Hilda Burton4/10/2024 6:27 AM

    Lovely card, Deb. Here in Delaware, beautiful forsythia greets us in spring. Always a welcoming sight. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your well wishes Hilda! Happy spring friend!

      Delete
  2. Love the frame you created and textures! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my garden Pal:) Make it a terrific day!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card, Deb and trendy, unique color combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pal for stopping by! Hope it has inspired:)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, Deb! Great use of this retiring set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su! I just love how versatile this set is, and It's highly discounted while they last!!!

      Delete
  5. Deb, I love that you created Forsythia with this set! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia Chuba4/10/2024 4:17 PM

    Such a pretty and creative card Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hopping by Pal! Here's hoping spring has sprung where you are:)

      Delete
  7. What a pretty card, Deb! The colors are so bright and cheery - a welcome sight when we are looking for an end to the dreary winter here in Chicago. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be back hopping with my Pals Debbie! Thanks for stopping by with your kind words!

      Delete
  8. Pretty card Deb! You have to love when you get surprise flowers growing up in your yard. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!