Old and New

Memories from Japan Triggered from Moxie Fab

Moxie Fab World Trigger Tuesday
   It's Moxie Fab World Trigger Tuesday play day today!  I had lots of fun with these colors and textures.  Making a silver flower from a punch and cutting the petals was easy, and I'll have to use it another time!  Used Inkadinkadoo inchie flower stamps in blue ink and white embossing.  
   I was reminded of Japanese blue and white textile designs and made a set of notecards for a friend of mine who shared our military tour in Misawa, Japan.  She once asked me to help her make some blue and white damask cards and she was telling me the other day she still has some because she uses them so sparingly.  Well, I had to fix that!!  So, I got busy! 
   Do you ever give notecards for gifts?  I love to make 3-4, tie them up with some natural raffia, and bring them wherever I go.  In Japan, one always needs a little something to gift.
   One of my favorite gifts I received there was from a local French-style restaurant where my husband took me for our anniversary dinner.  The wife/owner presented me with a darling little washi paper-covered toothpick holder with mirror.  I use it nearly every time I'm out in town, and I always smile when I think of her!

Comments

  1. Beautiful take on the trigger! Love the silver flowers with delicate petals and the embossed background adds such elegance to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading the background story :) I love giving card sets as gifts too, especially with baby gifts & for showers, etc. You can't have too many thank you cards, right?
    I love the heat & dry embossing, and the lovely medallion you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool trigger card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for E-LEMON-ATED!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!