Hello Painted Lavender

Improvising

   Aren't these a couple of beauties!?  My stamping friend Susanne over at Lavender and Rose Creations agreed to help me out with a project in stamping improvisation.  We both love jazz and she was inspired in this post to create the cards above.  She's been incredibly patient with my response, and I took a break this afternoon to play around a little with these themes.  I loved both color schemes, so I ended up combining them with some of the same elements/suggestions from each card...I loved all Susanne's texture and ended up layering it on some plain vanilla cardstock.  I'll probably do another take on these soon, but I wanted to post what made me smile today!  Thanks Susanne!
A theme on Embraceable You
   I used some Tim Holtz stamps, Sizzix embossing texture plate, along with a Cuttlebug heart embossed in petal paper [since Susanne and I also share a love of gardening] embossed some swirls in pearl powder [that's tinted Top Boss showing through for just the blush color I was wanting] and even broke out my chalks to put some aged color on the background.  It was a fun way to wile away an hour with post-Irene sunshine drying us out!

Comments

  1. Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for your sweet comments on the Moxie Fab World. I am so tickled - pinch me! I am happy to know you and I plan to keep my eye on this beautiful blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've captured the feeling I tried to express in Dinah Washinton's Embraceable You! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Deb. Love the inspiration as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!