Hello Painted Lavender

Sending Cheer!

   
   I must confess that I am supposed to be painting...but there's so much to do in the holiday category around our place along with the house work.  We're starting to receive some wonderful greeting cards in the mail, and I need to have something to send out!  So, I used the Hero Arts contest sketch and their clear set called Sending Holiday Cheer to make a few little greetings of my own!  I've been anxious to use these holiday lights that have been in my stash since I first began stamping about 13 years ago.  For this first one I was inspired by a fun card in bold colors by my friend Judy!  
   I tried the faux letterpress technique for the center panel in this red/white one.  I inked up a Sizzix texture plate with red ink, then ran it through and this is the result!  Pretty fun to do and easier than I thought it would be!  I embossed on red for the contrast and layered on some dimensional foam.


   Here's the green version--colored the red accents with colored pencil, and the green ink is Hero Hues Grass chalk ink!  I like this hue of green for the holidays!
   Finally, a sage and bright red version with a 'gingerbread' house.  I plan to use this with a plate of cookies going to the neighbors!  Of course I need to make the cookies still....

Comments

  1. These are WOW cards, Deb - that house makes a great Christmas card - what a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilde van Rijnsoever12/15/2011 3:28 PM

    Awesome cards Deb! The holiday lights on your first card are just to cute! And love the faux letterpress technique u used!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!