Old and New

Winter's Here!


 How's Life Friends?

   I know...I know....winter isn't technically here according to the calendar...but there is a lot of white stuff outside and the temperature is going to be a high of 12 degrees Fahrenheit as I write this. Our Google assistant on the kitchen countertop mocks us when it gives the morning rundown of weather conditions to include the current temperature of MINUS 9 degrees and cheerily wishes us, "Have a great day!" Bah Humbug!

   All of that buildup to say I choose to think tropical! I am beginning to get into the Holiday Season now...time to break out the winter/Christmas/snow stamps and start playing around to design this year's family Christmas card. It's a nice distraction from everything else going on everywhere else right now and I welcome it!

   You might have already seen this project/post with Melekalikimaka?! [if you open the link, click play on the video for some catchy music for your internet surfing today;) I crack myself up...]

   I had a few letters left over, cut some more and used the other tropical flower bits to make the first card of Christmas from my new studio! I'll be sharing my prototypes and cards made with my new stamps from the mini catalog, so keep checking in to see how I'm progressing! [these Hawaiian Christmas projects were made with Timeless Tropical stamps and dies!]

My hope is that you might be inspired by something for your own cardmaking and put your own stamp on it!

   Here's a closeup of the alternate letter layering I did--has a fun, whimsical quality I quite like:



Comments