Old and New

Make Do: Awesome Otters, Simply Marbelous, and Tasteful Textile


    How's Life Friends?

   One of my favorite elements in a card is a textured background. There's a special magic that comes from putting a plain piece of cardstock into an embossing folder, running it through the machine and pulling out a beautifully transformed object.

   The Tasteful Textile folder is on sale in the Last Chance Products:


   

   And, for a little Make Do today, I brought out the recent Sale A Bration products and tried adding a little Stampin' Blend [alcohol ink marker] Balmy Blue to the Pool Party Simply Marbelous DSP. See how I filled in the white/lighter tones in the DSP with the marker? 


   I stamped the otter in black ink and colored it in with Light Soft Suede Stampin' Blend. I left the white around the otter's face and I think the whole image has a fun look of being partially submerged in the water. 

   In going for a whimsical masculine card I feel I was successful! Should be a fun birthday card surprise.

   Hoping you're finding something inspirational to share with someone today. Remember how impactful a kind word can be to a friend or a stranger you meet in your day. The world can always use more kindness.

   Be Well Friends!



   

Product List

Comments