Old and New

Make Do Monday: Let It Ride

 


   How's Life Friends?

   I had such a blast yesterday in the studio designing a fun little set of hostess cards with a retired stamp set called Let It Ride:) I was finishing up as the sun was setting on a glorious Big Sky/Treasure State kind of day and the photo session really captured the western feel of the designs, and highlighted the embossing lines.

   Having been invited to a Yellowstone premier watch party, I wanted to have something appropriately themed to bring! It also helps that my host is a horsewoman as well;)


   I used faux letterpress technique to make my own custom layering cardstock. It's so easy to do and uses one of my favorite tools: embossing folders. All you need to do is select a color of cardstock, get a coordinating tone-on-tone ink or contrasting ink, and apply it to the raised side of the embossing folder. Run it through the machine and pull out a beautifully formed masterpiece. The folders are so easy to clean because all you need to do is run water over it in the sink:)

   My favorite background is this Basic Grey base with Early Espresso ink for the wood grain. Looks just like any Montana weathered barn wood;)



   Hope you find something fun here today and try this technique for yourself! 

*****REMEMBER tomorrow most of our embossing folders will be on sale!!! Along with punches, stamps, and papers!!!

    Giddyup!

If you're a Yellowstone fan, I hear that they're featuring Buffalo Trace this season. It was on a tour there where I bought this fun t-shirt;) I think Beth would approve?!


   Be Well Friends!


Product List

Comments