Sweet Songbirds CASE


   How's Life Friends?

  Sometimes I see other art I love and it's a fun challenge for me to try and recreate it with my stamps, ink and paper. This graphic print idea is one I saw a while ago and pinned to my To Do board. I knew I could find matches to the colors in my Stampin' Up!® rainbow, and I went to town.

   While it took a bit of time, I thoroughly enjoyed finding just the right pieces and images to recreate the original. 

   I think it will be fun to do a series with different color combinations, and cards without sentiments can be used for any occasion:) The Bough Punch and Layering Leaves stamps made it easy to construct the smaller branches here, and I cut down the stamped image of the main branch from the Sweet Songbirds set to use as the upright.

   To make the birds, I used a punched white base, and cut down other punched bird pieces to layer for color accents. All in all, not too tricky, but a bit time-consuming for the first one. Notice how I snipped off the top feathers and turned the tail on one to point down? 

   Now that I have experienced how to get the look I'm after, other birds will go quicker! [Check out this summery seagull project]

   Follow me on Pinterest to see more inspiration for Sweet Songbirds and other Stampin' Up!® sets by name.

   Be Well Friends!

Product List

Comments